Vitrius R-Series features a patented radiant technology that is Changing the Way the World Views Windows.
An R-Series window doesn’t just retain energy…it creates energy.
Like the light from a lamp, R-series radiant glass window and door systems, cast a warm heat that is absorbed by surrounding objects. R-Series window and doors therefore are able to provide superior thermal comfort at a lower room air temperature by increasing the mean radiant heat in a given space. The systems works by directly warming objects in a space, rather than by heating the air. Additionally, by stopping all of the heat otherwise lost though the glass, Vitrius R-Series systems are able to achieve exponentially higher R-Values than traditional window and door products.
Vitrius R-Series smart, dynamic window and door systems provide superior thermal comfort in the most demanding environments, and do so while consuming substantially less energy than traditional heating systems. Use of R-series provides for drastic reduction in HVAC loads and heating costs without compromising building design. R-Series window and door systems are available for all opening structures, including CoreComposite, aluminum, steel, structural PVC, and wood.
R-Series offers a unique problem solving solution:
R-Series smart window and door systems, offer a highly efficient solution to any building structure. Studies have proven that window and door openings are the largest source of a buildings heat loss, and consequently the largest culprit of thermal discomfort. According to ASHRAE, on average window openings account for 53% of total heat loss in a given building structure, making the openings the most inefficient part of the envelope. The use of R-Series not only solves this problem, but also transform the openings into an active area that outperforms all other areas of the envelope.
R-Series becomes a functional piece of equipment, rather than simply a passive day light opening, as it is charged with a nominal amount of electricity to efficiently produce radiant heat. This innovative technology eliminates all of the difficulties and disadvantages that are caused by the thermal insulation capabilities of glass. The heated glass surface eliminates the sensation of a cold ‘draft’, prevents condensation, and completely stops heat loss through the glass surface. Using Vitrius’ state of the art control system in combination with R-Series, allows a user to enable R-Series as a sole heating source. R-Series may also easily be tied in with existing heating systems that are already incorporated in the building structure.
R-Series heats buildings more efficiently than conventional heating systems, and does so at room temperatures 5-9 deg F below traditional heating systems. This characteristic not only saves you money, but it also increases living comfort by offering these advantages:
- Eliminates sensation of drafts
- Heats spaces more evenly than convection systems
- Noiseless heat production
- Eliminates air borne pathogens often carried by forced air systems
- Eliminates the need for radiators near windows allowing more living space and unlimited design
- Warms objects and occupants, not the air
R-Series Technical Performance:
- Completely stops heat loss typically lost through the opening (exponentially higher whole unit R-Value). Thermally opaque when operated between 12-48V depending on glass area
- UL approved 120V AC and ETL Listed for 48V DC
- R-Series systems operate between 75deg f – 140 deg F
- Increases mean radiant temperature, and stores energy allowing for maximum energy efficiency between 2watt/sf – 8 watt/sf
- 85%-90% energy input delivered into envelope. (energy is not lost to the outside)
- R-Series system efficiency measured between 84-89%
- Approx. 136 Btu/sf/hr transferred to indoor space (glass surface temp 115 deg F)
KSU Study Key Conclusions:
- R-Series maintains higher level of comfort at far lower energy consumption rates than forced air systems
- Equivalent human comfort achieved at 5-9 deg F lower air temperatures
- Energy Savings: In all instances energy savings were AT LEAST 33.9% over forced air systems
- Interior Glass surface temperature increases linearly with power input (energy not lose to the exterior)
- R-Series thermal comfort profile created is more uniform than forced air system (eliminates hot spots and cold spots within a given space)
- System generates heat at faster response time than conventional heating systems
- R-Series completely eliminates condensation